Subsea Trenching System
LEVIATHAN has been built on proven trencher technologies and is capable of trenching a wide variety of cables, umbilicals, flexible and rigid pipe, including anode and piggyback handling.
LEVIATHAN offers 1600 hp total power in a multitool vehicle with burial tool options of water jetting and chain cutting. IHC developed LEVIATHAN from first principles to produce a vehicle which has been specifically designed to mitigate the risks associated with trenching in shallow water conditions and challenging offshore locations. Through close communication with a wide range of industry experts, and benefitting from previous industry experience, IHC has identified the critical limitations of previously available trenching assets.
- Stay on station in strong subsea currents and wave action
- Operations in shallow water conditions
- Trench on uneven seabed topography, including climbing and traversing steep slopes
- Maintain trench integrity in arduous seabed conditions
- Negotiate boulders, sand waves and subsea obstacles without impacting trenching performance or trench depth
- Highly controllable manoeuvrability allowing operations close to subsea infrastructure and
- Perform both jetting and mechanical chain cutting operations