Job Summary: The Senior Geotechnical Engineer will manage the day-to-day geotechnical engineering operations of Bluefield Geoservices (US) Inc. including the following activities to position the company to deliver high quality geotechnical services:
- Support the Managing Director in the operation and performance of the company
- Leading the preparation of technical proposals
- Execution of offshore geotechnical investigations, including participation in field surveys and reporting
- Completion and delivery of geotechnical studies, designs and reports
- Testing, maintenance and development of Bluefield Geoservices geotechnical equipment portfolio
Job Location: Ideally located at Bluefield Geoservices (US) Inc. headquarters in Stuart, Florida. Secondary locations such as Rhode Island or other relevant locations can be considered. Travel between locations is required as well as offshore time during project execution. Project work can be worldwide.
Reports To: Managing Director, Bluefield Geoservices (US) Inc.
- Support the Business Development Manager and lead the preparation of project technical proposals.
- Lead the preparation and mobilization of geotechnical and supporting equipment and undertake offshore geotechnical site investigations.
- Oversight and management to maintain and develop Bluefield Geoservices geotechnical equipment portfolio, including preparation, operation, and repair.
- Provide engineering consultancy and lead in the preparation and delivery of geotechnical studies, designs and reports.
- Supervise and conduct data assessments and geotechnical analyses.
- Maintain time and project records, manage project costs, and when required, undertake full project management duties.
- Assist in the technical management and planning of the business.
PERSONAL, HSSE AND QUALITY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement a personal continuous improvement program of technical and management skills to support the performance needs of the position and provide coaching and mentorship to junior staff as the company expands.
- Be a champion for, and actively implement the Company’s HSSE and Quality Systems and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Be familiar with and comply with Bluefield Geoservices corporate policies and procedures.
COMPANY-WIDE INTERACTIONS & REPRESENTATIONS:
- The Senior Geotechnical Engineer reports to the Managing Director of the US entity on a day-to-day basis.
- The Senior Geotechnical Engineer will also support, take guidance from, provide guidance to, and conduct work for Bluefield Geoservices (UK) Ltd. team members as needed to service the entire organization and its commitments.
- The Senior Geotechnical Engineer is considered a professional, qualified and experienced team member, will be respected as such, and expected to support and contribute to company wide areas of operation.
- The Senior Geotechnical Engineer will be required to represent the company as a leadership team member for offshore site investigations where management and guidance of junior and contract staff will be required as well as provide guidance and support to client representatives.
- The Senior Geotechnical Engineer is expected to represent the company in a professional manner at all times including during in-person interactions, web-based video and phone conferences and on digital social media platforms.
QUALIFICATIONS, COMPETENCES AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- First Degree in Civil Engineering or Geology or closely related subject supported by further academic study or practical experience in geotechnical engineering or engineering geology.
- Five years of experience working in a geotechnical engineering organization.
- Practical knowledge of commercially employed ground investigation, geotechnical engineering, and geological processes in marine environments.
- Demonstratable offshore site investigation experience with references.
- Detailed working knowledge of industry standard geotechnical equipment including operations, troubleshooting and launch and recovery aspects.
- Active participation/membership of a professional organization such as the Institution of Civil Engineers, Geological Society, Society for Underwater Technology.
- Professional Engineer License or active path towards licensing is desirable but not a requirement.
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills.
- Good IT skills, with the ability to use Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio, etc.) and practical application of a range of industry proprietary software for geotechnical analysis.
- Must be physically fit and able to perform office and offshore duties including the capability to undertake offshore survival training and offshore standard medical screening.
- Be available to undertake extended offshore assignments (30 days +) when necessary (but not expected to be frequent).
- Live within commuting distance of agreed place of work and have status which legally allows full-time employment in the US.
- Must hold a valid US passport free from status or restrictive conditions which preclude travel to and work worldwide.
- US driving licence.
To apply for this position, please contact [email protected].