Pressuremeter Testing Services
Building on 30 years experience of pressuremeter testing we provide a range of testing equipment to suit all ground conditions, for both offshore and onshore use.
Pressuremeter testing is an essential tool for assessing the small strain modulus of soils in both offshore and onshore geotechnical engineering.
To provide our Clients with ultimate flexibility, we are able to offer our pressuremeter services either with an operator, or where Client has staff with suitable training and experience, on an equipment hire only basis.
Pressuremeter testing is an accurate in situ testing method for measuring a range of soil properties. Its prime use is in determining the in situ strength and stiffness of soils and rocks.
Pressuremeter (also referred to as High Pressure Dilatometer (HPD testing) is used in a pre-bored pocket making the test relatively simple to perform in many ground conditions. This instrument builds on experience of operation with a wide range of other pressuremeters and includes a number of features designed to improve reliability with all electronics and transducers contained within a sealed enclosure. The Bluefield HPD has the following advantages:
- Can be used in any ground where a pocket can be performed
- Can be inserted into the ground with routine investigation tools
- Gives results of high accuracy for use in design
- Robust / minimal complexity
- Overall length 1.6m
- Diameter 95mm
- PM length 600mm
- Pressure 20MPa
- Radial strain 35%
- Resolution 1.0kPa (pressure) 1µm (displacement)
Predrilled Pocket of nominal 100mm diameter and 1.6m length
- Laterally loaded pile design
- Bearing pile design
- Deep basements
- Large spread footings
- Prediction of ground movement
- Undrained shear strength / friction angle
- Estimate of in situ horizontal stress
- Small strain stiffness profile
- Development of p-y curves